Not just on Thanksgiving, but always, I am thankful for the blessings I enjoy every day. And this season is a time to celebrate them with the ones we love, around a table filled with lots of food.
Here’s a wrap up of our Thanksgiving 2013:
– I spent my 29th Thanksgiving with my family at my mom’s cousins’ house. My favorite people, delicious food, and French silk pie made it another one to remember.
– A weekend at my in-laws can be summed up by full bellies (my mother-in-law can cook and bake, let me tell you), endless laughter, lots of hugs from my sweet nieces and nephews, and a couple chilly nights in the hot tub. Can’t wait to do it again in a few weeks.
– Bridget playing with her cousins is something I’ll never tire of watching. Granted, the few days off her nap schedule resulted in more-frequent-than-usual melt downs, but she made up for them with her adorableness. Sorry, but I’m not sorry. I love that kid!
– We scored a 4-piece luggage set for $35 from JCPenney on Black Friday…from the comfort of home on my Smartphone. While part of me is slightly curious to experience the
madness since I never have before, I think I’ll continue to live vicariously through others.
– Saturday was a college football day for the books. My blood pressure has finally leveled out, and I’m still saying GO BLUE over here. Thanks to the Cleveland Browns for raising me well, I know that there’s always next year.
– We helped celebrate my best friend, Jenny’s husband’s early 30th birthday. Jenny and Tom are expecting their first baby in February (yay!) just a week before Tom’s real birthday, so she had a surprise party for him at a local restaurant for the Browns game today. It was great to see everyone and the place was really neat: Union Depot in Berea. Check it out sometime!
I hope you and yours had a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving. Hello, December!