Hello, world. It’s me, Shannon.
Welcome to our sweet simple life! My name is Shannon and this blog is about my life as a wife, mother, daughter, and friend. Here are a few things about me:
- I married my husband, Brian, in 2008. After almost eight years together, I still enjoy every minute we share. Not only is he my husband, he is truly my very best friend.
- In May 2012, Brian and I welcomed our first child, a beautiful, thankfully healthy, daughter, Bridget Kathleen. She makes us laugh, cry, and thank God every day for blessing us with the opportunity to be parents.
- I was born to a single mother, Kathleen. If I am half the mom to Bridget as she is to me, I’ll consider myself a success.
- As an only child, I don’t know the true relationship shared between siblings. However, I am fortunate to have a few close friends who are the only “sisters” I need.
- I am a Clevelander through and through. Go Browns, Indians, and Cavs!
- I am also the “mom” to Josie, our gentle rescued beabull.
- I have a strange fear of birds.
- I can’t sew, sing, or cook very well, but I am a decent volleyball player.
- I will take the simple joys in life over extravagance any day.
I hope you enjoy our sweet simple life.