This past weekend, my cousin, the sister I never had, my partner in crime growing up, and a true friend, Erin, married the love of her life, Tommy. Their day was simply perfect; from the weather to the dress to dancing the night away at the reception.
There was so much goodness to this past weekend that I’ve decided to dedicate my weekly good stuff post to it.
– It’s amazing to be a guest at a wedding of a couple that is truly and beautifully in love.
– While my family is close in the emotional sense, we’re not as fortunate in the physical. It was so much fun having all the family, including my aunt, uncle, and two cousins from Virginia, at the same place for an entire weekend. We laughed, cried, reminisced, and danced until they kicked us out.
– I was reminded in so many ways how incredibly blessed I am to be a part of the Mangan family.
– As a bridesmaid, I wanted to be all Erin’s that day so Brian was on Dad duty. He did awesome coordinating Bridget’s outfit, naps, feedings, and travel for the entire weekend. Thank you, Brian! It’s times like these that make us really appreciate that my Mom did it on her own everyday.
– Erin and Tommy had a subtle and classy Irish themed wedding, right down to drinking Smithwick’s beer imported from Ireland in the party bus. I may have discovered a new favorite beer (and also that the day after having a few of these beers takes on a whole new level of tired with a three and a half month old baby).
– Our Grandparents won the anniversary dance for being married the longest: 61 years! Their advice to the bride and groom: “Put up with each other” (Nanny) and “Behave yourself” (Papa).
– Erin and I went to school together and had the same circle of friends, so the dynamic of this wedding was unique in that I got to spend it with family and old friends. When we are together, there’s never a moment of silence between the chatting and laughter.
– Did I mention that it was the perfect day in every way?
Congratulations, Erin and Tommy! I love you both.