This week had its ups and downs, but I’m feeling back on level ground. Bridget and I survived our first few days apart and although I missed her so much, it made the time we spent together as a family this weekend that much more special. Here are a few other highlights:
– I’ve always felt grateful to work with such a talented, kind, and fun group of people and this past week made me appreciate them even more. Not only did they welcome me back in such a thoughtful way, but so many of them covered my work responsibilities perfectly while I was out which helped make for a much less stressful return. In a few days, I’ll be right back in the swing of things.
– We celebrated my Grandpa’s 83rd birthday. He is still as ornery as ever and that’s one of the many reasons I love him so much. Happy birthday, Papa! Here’s to many more…
– Brian took the day off work on Friday to watch Bridget. Not only was it a relief for me that she was with him at home, but it was a great day for both of them. The love he has for her warms my heart and I can see it reciprocated from her more and more everyday.
– We had dinner with my family on Friday night and Bridget accepted two bottles from my Mom with no trouble. Poor Grams; she had battled the bottle so many times and finally nailed it. Again, folks, it’s the little things. :)
– And last but certainly not least, Bridget rolled over for the first time! She’s been so close for so long and we knew it was going to happen anytime. I kept hoping she would do it for us and not while we were at work and thankfully, she did. As Murphy’s Law would have it, I recorded about 30 minutes of her getting closer and closer and when I didn’t have the camcorder in reach is when she decided to be our little show pony. It’s funny how when you become a parent, the most simple things become so much more. We cheered and high-fived like the Browns had won the Superbowl (although I will probably never know how that really feels).
I hope you all have a great week. A three day weekend is upon us!